1. Why do we need another Gurdwara in the Klang Valley?
Klang Valley is the heart of Malaysia. Within Klang Valley, Subang Jaya is a self-contained township. Subang Jaya is now an Educational, Medical, and Transportation Hub. It is also home to Small and Light Industries and Enterprises. For reasons of education, career, business, medical care and more, people (Sikhs included) from all over Malaysia are relocating to the Klang Valley with Subang Jaya as their preferred destination. Currently, there are at least five hundred Sikh families in Subang and this number is growing steadily. Gurdwara Sahib Subang is very strategically located. It is connected by a network of highways and latest transportation modes from LRT to BRT. This will provide quick and easy access to those staying in Subang and its surrounding areas wanting to fulfill their spiritual and temporal needs. This necessitates the need for a Gurdwara Sahib to be built in Subang as it addresses the local communities’ spiritual and social needs
2. It’s exciting to know that we will soon be having a Gurdwara Sahib in Subang, what will it be called and where is it located?
It is called Gurdwara Sahib Subang (GSS). The location is at Lot 72021, Jalan Pesiaran Kewajipan, SS13 Subang Jaya, Selangor (adjacent to the BHP Petrol Station).
3. When is the Gurdwara expected to be ready?
It is expected to be ready early 2018. We hope to celebrate Vaisakhi of 2018 at Gurdwara Sahib Subang. However, the completion will be dependent upon the availability of funds.
4. What is the cost of building the Gurdwara Sahib and how much has been collected so far?
The cost of building the temple is RM 4.8 million. We have collected RM 1.3 million. This equates to 27% of target. We are short by RM 3.5 million as off 1st July 2016
5. How will the funds be raised to construct the Gurdwara?
- House to house visits and similar solicitation
- Visiting Sikhs all over the country for donations
- Crowd funding and Social Media
- Charity Dinners and fundraising events
- State and Federal Governments
6. Do you have Tax Relief from the Income Tax Department (LHDN)?
- Yes, the reference number is LHDN.01/35/42/51/179-6.8071. It is valid from 15 March 2016 to 14 March 2018. The Official Receipts will display the tax relief details as required by the Income Tax Department.How do I make contributions? We have two banking facilities. The Maybank account below is registered with the LHDN and thus entitles you to a tax relief. Bank : Malayan Banking Berhad Account No. : 5-12222-61379-0 Account Name : Gurdwara Sahib Subang Building Fund The other account is NOT registered with LHDN and so you do not get tax relief. The banking details are as follows: Bank : CIMB Account Number : 80-0203497-9 Account Name : Gurdwara Sahib Subang Daswant Fund
7. How will we gain access to the Gurdwara Sahib?
- Google map.
- GPS Coordinates
8. Where can I park when coming to the Gurdwara Sahib?
- The Ground Floor of the GSS has one OKU car park and approximately 18 car parks. It also has motor bike parking lots.The three religious bodies (the Hindus, Buddhists and Sikhs have jointly submitted to MPSJ a request to allocate a piece of land behind the religious sites for a car park. Discussions are ongoing and we are hopeful that our request will be approved. Cars can also be parked across the road in SS 14. The State Government has built a pedestrian crossing to safely cross the road to the three places of worship.
9. What details can you give about the facilities in Gurdwara Sahib Subang?
- The GSS will be a fully-fledged Gurdwara. It will perform ALL the functions of a Gurdwara Sahib. It will have:
- The Main Darbar Sahib and a mini Darbar.
- Langgar hall.
10. What facilities are available for the Senior Citizens and for those with special needs?
- Two 15 pax lifts
- Handicapped car park and lavatories close to the lifts and
- Ramps for wheel chairs
11. What will be the focus of the Gurdwara besides the religious functions?
- It will be focused on the well-being and welfare of our community with special focus on:
- Youth Development
- Single mothers
- Senior Citizens, and
- Entrepreneurial Development
12. How do I become a member of the Gurdwara Sahib Subang?
- Membership of the GSS will be through the Persatuan Sikh Subang, Selangor aka Subang Sikh Association Selangor (SSAS). Details will be worked out in consultation with the stake holders.
13. Where can we get the latest updates on progress?
- Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/gurdwarasahibsubang